Hello blog readers!
If you follow me on Facebook, you have already seen the cuteness that is Grayson. He was such a sweet little sleepy guy and his mom has shared some awesome info about our newborn session together. I met Grayson’s mom & dad when we had our maternity session together and I could just tell they were going to be awesome parents!
- What was the first thing you thought when you saw your baby for the first time? All I could do was cry when I first saw Grayson. I had so many emotions at that moment but most of all I was so happy that he was ours and in my arms.
- Have we done a session before? If so, tell me something you remember from our shoot. Yes, we did maternity pictures. I loved working with Angela as she was open to new ideas and brought so many good ideas of her own. She has a great eye for these things and was easy to work with. We really enjoyed our session.
- What was your favorite part about our session together? My favorite part about the newborn session besides all of the beautiful pictures was the built in babysitter. I was able to take a shower and have a little me time while I knew Grayson was in good hands.
- How did you prepare the baby for our photo shoot? I’m not sure I prepared Grayson. He more so prepared himself. We had a rough night the night before and Grayson kept us all up for most of the evening. I was able to feed him and keep him awake for a bit before Angela arrived. He then passed out with a full belly and did great throughout the entire photo session.
- How was your experience having your newborn photographed? Were you nervous or worried before? How did it turn out? Our experience was amazing! I have nothing but good and positive things to say about it. I was nervous before the shoot because we had a rough night. I was worried he was going to cry and not cooperate. Needless to say he did great! He did everything Angela wanted him to do and from the previews I have seen, the pictures turned out excellent! I can’t wait to see the rest. People have been asking me how I won’t go broke when purchasing pictures because there are so many good ones.
- What would be your advice to someone getting newborn photographs taken? Do it! It’s worth the money. Don’t stress about the session. Feed your baby and get them relaxed. Walk out of the room, breathe and Angela will take care of the rest.
- What kinds of things did you worry about before and during the session? I had the same concerns before and during the session. Just that he would cry the entire time and not cooperate.
- What’s the first thing that ran through your mind when you both found out you were pregnant? I was in shock and couldn’t believe it. We we’re starting to see a specialist to help us get pregnant and then it happened on its own. I was so excited once the shock passed. My husband, Collins, was in more shock than me. He said I gave him a heart attack. But we celebrated this joyous moment and haven’t looked back.
- If you provided a special prop or sentimental item for the shoot: What was it and please share why it’s such a special item for you. I provided the crocheted suspenders and bow tie. I haven’t bought Grayson any clothes because he has so many special and loving people in his life and they have filled his closet for him. So I wanted to buy something special for him to wear in his newborn pictures. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Want to get a cute outfit or special item for your session? Etsy is a great place for all kinds of goodies. Just make sure to give the seller time to make & ship your item before the session!
- Do you have other children? How do they react to the baby? What do they like to do together? Do you have any cute stories about their relationship? Feel free to share here. No other children. Just our Goldendoodle, Gus. He is very protective of his brother and is always helping on him when he sleeps. He also checks out the people who are holding his brother to make sure they are ok.